A heartfelt thank you to everyone who made our inaugural Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service an incredible success! With over 100 attendees, our community came together in the spirit of service and unity.
A big shoutout to Senator Katie Muth and Representative Danielle Friel Otten and their teams for energizing us with their presence and active participation. Both legislators, in addition to Senator Carolyn Comitta and Representative Christina Sappey who attended last week’s 6th grade school-wide training, have worked with us to put forth legislation for AEDs in schools and CPR training for school staff and coaches. Your commitment to community engagement truly inspires us!
Special thanks to our valuable partners who contributed to the event’s success:
- Chester County Hospital
- United Way of Chester County
- Chester County District Attorney – Chris de Barrena-Sarobe
- Main Line Health
- Maternal Child Health Consortium (MCHC)
- Chester County Connect Care
- Community Volunteers in Medicine (CVIM)
- Uwchlan Ambulance Corp
- Chester County Department of Emergency Services
- Chester County Library – Henrietta Hankin Branch
- ARC of Chester County
- National Alliance of Mental Illness; Chester County
- State Representative Paul Friel
- State Representative Danielle Friel Otten
- State Senator Katie Muth
- Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Good Fellowship Ambulance Corps
A special shout out to the Downingtown Area School District Marsh Creek Sixth Grade Center principal Dr. Barr and Director of DEI Justin Brown for generously opening their doors to us. Their support was instrumental in making this day memorable!
And, most of all, thank you to the incredibly dedicated AHF Heart Hero students who coordinated this event and taught our community members how to save a life using Call-Push-Shock to increase chances of survival during cardiac emergencies.
Together, we have created a day filled with service, compassion, and community spirit. Let’s carry this momentum forward throughout the new year!
For more photos and videos of the event, please visit: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WGXeHzp5WAuydc3S8