Raising Awareness of Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Youth
Aidan’s Heart Foundation is committed to providing awareness, education, and support to the communities of the southeast Pennsylvania region and its surrounding area to create heart-safe communities for youth regarding the prevention of and/or response to Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
— Formally adopted September 3, 2013
Watch our video with Christy Silva 2018 L’Oréal Paris Women of Worth National Honoree
To date, Aidan’s Heart Foundation has:
- Financially supported the installation of over 85 AEDs in local schools, youth-based organizations, and youth athletic leagues
- Screened 1,800 youth, identifying “potentially life-threatening” heart conditions in approximately 20 youth
- Passed state legislation (PA Act 35, known as “Aidan’s Law”) to help ensure that all schools in PA are equipped with updated AED devices
- Trained over 5,000 students and over 500 parents, teachers, and coaches in life-saving CPR+AED skills
- Promoted the awareness of, including both preventative and responsive measures to, Sudden Cardiac Arrest among youth in our communities, state, and beyond. Aidan’s Heart Foundation is based in Chester County, PA and is a member organization of Parent Heart Watch, the national voice for Sudden Cardiac Arrest in youth.
Some of Our Past Events and Achievements
Our most recent heart screening event took place on April 28,