About Aidan’s Heart Foundation
Aidan’s Heart Foundation was formed shortly after the unexpected death of Aidan Joseph Silva in the fall of 2010 to protect young hearts from Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA). On October 23, 2013, Aidan’s Heart Foundation became officially recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization.
Our FEIN# is 46-1917169.
According to the American Heart Association, SCA is the number one killer of high school athletes on school grounds, claiming the life of one young person every three days in the U.S. Our foundation seeks to prevent SCA from claiming more lives by:
- Partnering with pediatric cardiologists to screen young hearts with simple, non-invasive EKG exams to detect underlying heart issues
- Facilitating in the placement of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) in schools, youth athletic organizations, and other public facilities where youth engage in activity
- Coordinating with local medical professionals to present free CPR+AED
trainingsto young people, parents, teachers, and coaches
- Promoting legislative efforts to protect students’ hearts in schools
- Raising awareness of SCA and providing resources for the community
To date, Aidan’s Heart Foundation has:
- Financially supported the installation of over 70 AEDs in local schools, youth-based organizations, and youth athletic leagues
- Screened 1,800 youth, identifying “potentially life-threatening” heart conditions in approximately 20 youth
- Passed state legislation (PA Act 35, known as “Aidan’s Law”) to help ensure that all schools in PA are equipped with updated AED devices
- Trained over 4,000 students and over 400 parents, teachers, and coaches in life-saving CPR+AED skills
- Promoted the awareness of, including both preventative and responsive measures to, Sudden Cardiac Arrest among youth in our communities, state, and beyond. Aidan’s Heart Foundation is based in Chester County, PA and is a member organization of Parent Heart Watch, the national voice for Sudden Cardiac Arrest in youth.
Aidan’s Heart Foundation is committed to providing awareness, education, and support to the communities of the southeast Pennsylvania region and its surrounding area to create heart-safe communities for youth regarding the prevention of and/or response to Sudden Cardiac Arrest.